Heart of the Sword

7:52 PM





















こんにちは、みんな!


How's the new year for you so far? Mine thankfully started on a good note, with lots of plans popping up even on just the first week, haha! Well, I hope and pray that all goes well for the whole of 2013. (^_-)-☆

My first actual entry for this year is more like an outfit post, heheh... Anyway, this is basically what I wore when we went to another date with Kenshin last December 15 at The Podium. My outfit consisted of a white tank top and light pink tulle skort from Red Ginger-St. Francis Square, black lace hoodie from Forever21, black Converse hi-cut Chuck Taylors, and a G-clef necklace which I got from a shop during CosMania 2012.

We already watched Rurouni Kenshin (also at The Podium) a week prior but since Bryan-niichan didn't get to go with us, this time Ekai-neechan and I went with him. And besides, I don't mind seeing Kenshin on the big screen again! *fangirl mode*

Had a (late) lunch at Yoshinoya after work, since the movie won't start until 3:50pm. I was craving for spicy tuna maki at the time but too bad it was not available. So I had to settle for California maki which, is still tasty by the way. I also love their creamy green tea ice cream which I never thought I'd like until I tasted it, heheh... We were a tad early for the movie, so we hung out a bit at Drink Tea 水研社, a Taiwanese tea shop at The Podium. Tasting their hazelnut milk tea was a first for me, and I'd say it's pretty delicious!

So now, the movie. I don't want giving out spoilers so let me just keep it simple and say that in recent memory, this is the only film that warranted a second going in the cinemas for me. I can't say that it is 100% faithful to the anime or manga, but everything is so well done (as with most Japanese stuff, don't you agree?) and they really did justice to the live adaptation of the franchise. As for the actors, I think all of them fit the character they represent and their acting is very natural, especially Kenshin's. I don't really know of many Japanese actors and I just knew Takeru Satoh from the BECK live-action movie (which is equally amazing), but I couldn't have thought of a better one to play the red-haired samurai than him. This movie is hands down one of the best, and is worth every minute. And I love it so much that I plan on getting the DVD should they release it here.

 


Photos via Google. Credits to the rightful owner.


Takeru Satou is ♥! (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

And speaking of RuroKen, we do have plans involving it which hopefully, spring into action anytime soon in the coming months. I'm so excited!



じゃね!




You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. your outfit is super cute, and the foood looks so yummy! :D

    followed you xoxo
    http://oliviiaaaaa.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you so much Olivia! * u *
    Haha, you bet. Japanese food is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your rilakkuma bag!

    http://bunnikisses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your outfit is so kyoot~
    I would watch any movie just for Takeru Sato *-*

    catacomb-combacat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! * u *

    Got this from Ebay a couple years back, and I didn't hesitate to buy it the moment I saw it haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Winona!
    Haha! Same here, I really like him especially for Rurouni Kenshin and BECK~ <3

    ReplyDelete

Pages