Rin's Thoughts On: Canmake Quick Easy Eyeliner (Cherry Brown)

12:45 PM

こんにちは、皆さん!
コスメアイテムのレビュー久しぶりです。
今回はキャンメイクのライナーをレビューしたいと思います。 

Fast fact #1: I rarely leave home without eyeliner. May it be pencil or liquid, swept in-between the lashes or a full-wing, you will almost always see me outside with eyeliner.

Which brings me to doing this review of Canmake's Quick Easy Eyeliner in Cherry Brown, a.k.a. my very first brown eyeliner. I've only ever used black before but recently, I've been drawn by the desire to make my liner appear a bit more on the natural side. Hence, the search for a brown liquid eyeliner while I was at Landmark Trinoma sometime last year.

Fast fact #2: Canmake is one of my most favorite Japanese drugstore brands. I've been purchasing their super-pretty and affordable makeup items since they landed on PH shores, and even while we were in Tokyo!

Anyway, I was looking for the Strong Eyes Liner but it was out of stock. I was determined not to go home empty-handed, so I picked up the next best thing -- this Quick Easy Eyeliner. This turned out to be my first brown liner, and my first pen-type felt-tip liner.


CANMAKE Quick Easy Eyeliner
Color: [02] Cherry Brown
Current Price: Php510

CANMAKE says:


[02] Cherry Brown
A reddish-brown that gives your eyes a sweetly adorable look.


A felt-tip eyeliner designed for ease of use
Simple! Smooth lines! Pretty!


  • A liquid felt-tip eyeliner designed for ease of use
    - A felt-tip with just the right degree of flexibility, for superb stability!

    - Ensures a neat, smooth line, without any worries about the tip spreading or wobbliness.

    - "I don't use eyeliner - it's too difficult" If you're a novice who feels this way, prepare to change your mind
  • 1.65mm slim felt-tip
    -
    Makes it quick and easy to draw a neat line!
    - The fine tip makes it simple to target the gaps between lashes, filling them in neatly.
  • Keeps the perfect line for hours on end
  • Film-based formulation washes off with warm water
  • Contains beautifying ingredients

Ingredients
Water, Ammonium acrylates / Methyl styrene copolymer, Glycerine, Alcohol, Sodium polyaspartate, Diethyhexyl sodium sulfosuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Aminomethyl propanol, Beheneth-30, Sodium hyaluronate, Mathylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Iron oxides (CI 77491), Black 2 (CI 77266)





Packaging
A simple, no-fuss plain brown tube with gold lettering. The tube itself is a bit thinner compared to other pen eyeliners. Even so, it's still easy to hold and control during application. The box itself is quite small too, with pretty lace patterns and a lot of texts which I found to be the norm in Japanese cosmetics packaging.

Pigmentation
True to its name, the color is reddish brown. It's a tad bit light for my liking, but definitely perfect for natural eye makeup. Not the most pigmented though, as you can see on the swatches. One line is not enough for me and I have to go over a couple of times to get an intense color.

Performance
If there is something I dislike about this product, it's the felt tip. Hand swatches are no problem but there's a bit of struggle when I apply it on my lids. Yeah, it's soft and bendable but for some reason the ink doesn't flow easily to the tip and I have to tilt the tube sideways, making it a bit difficult for me to create a sharp, precise wing. And this is why I still prefer brush liners over felt tip ones.


Freshly-applied



After 8+ hours

Longevity

Now, I'd say this is without a doubt, the best feature of this eyeliner. The photo comparison above has a difference of 8+ hours, with the product tested in Manila's perpetual heat and humidity. We walked from the house, commuted to the mall, did errands, ate lunch, walked around some more... and the liner didn't budge one bit. As you can see, there's already a lot of creasing going on my eyelids and my face had become an oily mess, but the liner stayed solid and looked almost as it did before I left the house, with just a teeny-tiny bit of fading. Color me impressed! Removal is not much of a challenge as a few swipes of a cotton pad with makeup remover does the trick. It's possible to take it off with just warm water, but I always prefer to still use an oil-based makeup remover.

Final Thoughts and Overall Rating
★★★★☆
If you're the type who prefers felt tip liners, then by all means, try this product. I'm just partial to brush tip liners as it gives more control and less effort. But for the price and the performance, it's still definitely a thumbs-up! I just wish Canmake would use the same long-lasting formula in their brush tip liners. If that happens, I'd happily hoard them lol!


Have you tried the Canmake Quick Easy Eyeliner?
What do you think about it?


またね!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Pages