Random Updates...

12:55 PM



おひさしぶり!

So sorry for being MiA... The past couple of weeks have been very exhausting for me. Dunno -- probably 'cause apart from the already tiring 9-hour job every weekday, the Holiday season is here, and that means lots of preparations for activities and parties here and there. Ugh...

Not that I'm complaining! Heck, it's actually been loads of fun and I am truly thankful for everything -- though that meant attending rehearsals after work, practicing even at home, planning and shopping for makeup and outfits. You get my drift... At the end of the day all I'd want to do is grab a quick bite, surf the net a bit, then hit the sack...

But hey, all's done and so I'm back! Let me just share with you some of what I've been up to these past few weeks...





Had my birthday last November. Post-birthday celebration included a movie-dinner affair with a friend, and a super-delicious chocolate cake from Oniichan Bryan and Oneechan Ekai! Yes, you can kill me with chocolate.




Got myself a new bass tuner. 'Cause my barely-a-year-old Cherub one died on me, and the other one which I purchased from RJ is such a FAIL. Anyway, I am so happy with this Fender tuner.





Which then brings me to probably the biggest source of my exhaustion -- band rehearsals. I really love playing, so I was very grateful when a colleague presented me with a 'job offer' as she called it (LOL!) -- to play with a band for the company Christmas party. So I again accepted it, though it's a different band from last year. Our covers included Evanescence and Paramore songs.





Band members for this year -- our TL Rhyan on rhythm, Nani on drums, Ikay and Camille on vocals, me on bass, and Melvin on lead. Gotta love that derpy-wacky photo! Hmm, I think I make a good Sadako. Hahahahaa!




Moncseb along Guadalupe is such a gem of a studio! Though the place itself is quite cramped compared to 8August, the equipments are well-kept and they sound sooo good that I wanna take that Hartke amp home with me. LOL! And oh that's a Fender 5-string Jazz bass lent to me by Melvin's brother who is also a talented bassist. Argh! I want something like this. Someday. Soon.



Rurouni Kenshin on cinemas! Yay! One, if not the best, anime/manga-based live action film in history! Really bugged Ekai-neechan for us to watch this and it's worth every minute...



While we were still practicing, I listened to Evanescence, Paramore, and Halestorm for hours on end. "I Get Off" by Halestorm (such a great band) is one of the last songs I listened to on my old but trusty Nokia 5310 before I parted ways with it.




And welcomed a Samsung mobile phone after being a Nokia user for years! I'm still trying to get myself used to it, hahaa...




Company Christmas party. This year's theme is masquerade. Seems like a lot of parties also had this theme.



And guess what... RuroKen again! When we learned that the film's showing got extended, we didn't waste time planning our schedules just to watch it once more! Ah~ otakus... Eheheh...


That's all for now. BTW, I'm actually writing this post in the comforts of our home in the province. I really enjoy spending the cool, lazy days here. Thank God for vacation leaves, heehee...



じゃね!





You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Urgh! just passing by ~ Happy Holidays Rinoa XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaa! Happy Holidays Ekai-neechan! ^____^

    ReplyDelete

Pages